Eileen & Levy – Half Moon Bay
San Benito House – Boutique Inn
Half Moon Bay is home to the beautiful and charming San Benito House, where Eileen and Levy had their wonderful wedding. It was like going to a destination wedding, only it was right in our own backyard!
Utilizing such a location really makes it a unique experience for everyone attending, since gone was the church (or synagogue in their case), and you’re forced to drive through some beautiful countryside views to get there — oh, what we have to put up with! ;p
One option that was considered (but ultimately passed over) included going to the beach for a portrait session. Ultimately, the tightness of the schedule only permitted enough photographic coverage by myself and my second to cover:
- preparation shots as the bride got ready
- first viewing of the bride by the groom
- signing of the Jewish marriage document — the Ketuba
- relaxed portraits of family and friends who arrived early before the ceremony
- cool, artistic, posed, directed and candid photography of just Eileen and Levy after the ceremony
- reception celebration, including first dance, cake cutting, toasts, bouquet and garter tosses
Theirs was a small, intimate wedding, with about 70 guests, and they rented out the entire upper floor for friends and family.
The San Benito House in Half Moon Bay is a fantastic venue for a warm, loving and intimate wedding. We’d shoot there again fer sure!